Monday, June 1, 2015

Bruce Jenner, One Christian's Response

Earlier today, I took a peak at my Facebook news feed.  I saw that Bruce Jenner was trending because he has appeared as a woman on the cover of a magazine.  My first response was to post something, not something in support, but rather a mean indictment.  It most likely would have included some mocking and name calling.  For some reason, I didn't.  The only thing that I can think of to explain it is that the Holy Spirit impressed upon me that it wouldn't be the Christian response.

I have decided that Bruce Jenner should not be treated cruelly by those who disagree with his lifestyle choice.  Name calling and mocking should not be the response of the Christian.  Nor should Jenner be celebrated for his "braveness" in deciding to publicly become a woman as the left and the media are quick to do.  Instead, he should be seen for what he is, a fallen and broken man desperately in need of the grace and love that can only be found in Jesus Christ.

So, I will not be joining in any mocking or cruelty towards Bruce Jenner.  Nor will I be posting any pictures of the magazine cover where he appears as a woman.  I will not refer to him as a she for he was created a man and will remain a man in my eyes.  I will not call him by his chosen female name.  I do not want to do anything to glorify this choice of his.  Instead, I will pray that he find the peace that is available through Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment